Saturday, January 17, 2009

Off we go!

Tomorrow we leave, bright and early, for a trip to Thailand. We have a week of vacation planned as well as about a week of conferences to go to. My girls are really excited! Clara Anne is old enough now that she remembers our trip last year and the fun things we did . . . swim, swim, swim, visit beautiful beaches and build sand castles, and just generally relax and enjoy family time together.

An added bonus for the girls this year is that we gave them their own little rollable backpack suitcases for Christmas that they are going to pack with their precious things (blankets, books, markers and paper, treats, etc) and carry or roll themselves. It will be interesting to see if they actually end up taking care of their luggage themselves!

We are excited for the break and time away! John's business has been VERY busy lately and he has been working very hard; I admire his hard work but he needs a break too! We're also looking forward to the warm, sunny temperatures . . . somehow just being in a warm climate in the middle of the winter is relaxing and refreshing.

In other news, Christin is now totally weaned--by her choice. She started to refuse to nurse almost two weeks ago; wouldn't take the daytime feedings but would always nurse first thing in the morning. But now for the last week she has been refusing the morning feeding as well. I think it was a combination of factors--me being gone overnight for our anniversary, her getting a bad cold and being really congested, and maybe experiencing some teething pain as well. So though it certainly was not my plan (I am kind of sad!) it may make it just a bit easier to travel. In the meantime, she is eating a LOT of other food, including a lot of yogurt! It seems to fill her tummy happily and she loves it. So far she isn't so interested in finger foods, but I'm sure that will change. These babies, they're always doing something new!

Look for future updates from sunny Thailand!

1 comment:

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hey there! I hope you have a lovely trip. Sounds like fun! I remember when my Kristi would refuse to nurse...it was so frustrating. I had to give her bottles of my milk. Eventually she came around, but I know some babies don't. Sounds like you're doing a GREAT job making sure that your little one is eating wonderful foods! :) It's so fun to see them take off with solids, isn't it? Anders is enjoying his food a lot these days. Lots of love to you all.