Friday, January 20, 2012

Funnies from my Funny Girls

The girls have been full of funny quotables recently, but I usually laugh and then forget what they said!  But here's a few I did manage to remember:

On Sunday mornings after church Clara Anne and Chloe run to play with their friends as soon as the service is over.  They stay right in the sanctuary, but often I am not really paying attention to what they're doing since I am busy catching up with friends myself!  This last week, though, John happened to notice that Clara Anne was off in a little corner with a bunch of boys.  He asked her, "Why were you with a bunch of boys?  What happened to your girl friends?"  Her immediate response: "Oh, those boys were just following me around.  They like to be bothersome."  True enough!

Christin always seems to know how to crack us up.  The other day Chloe was telling a story at lunchtime and with a somewhat scornful look of perfect disdain, Christin said, "Really, Chloe?  Really?"  And of course she still pronounces the "R" as "W" so it made it even funnier!

Tonight in the process of getting ready for bed (anyone else struggle with long, drawn out bedtimes at your house?  No matter what I do, it always takes longer than I'd like!  Maybe it's just because I am so ready to get to bed myself!) Clara Anne said, "Mommy, do I have to change into jammies?  I find it so much more convenient to just sleep in my clothes, and then I don't have to get dressed in the morning."  She was perfectly serious but I insisted that she had to change. 

Love those funny girls!  They make me smile every day.  I am so thankful for these precious girls and the fun, laughter, and yes, drama that they bring to our house and home every day.  On Tuesday night, we had dropped the girls off at our friends for date night swap while John and I went out.  Unfortunately by the time we were supposed to pick them up I was feeling pretty nauseous and headachy, so stayed in the car while John went in and got them.  But when they came out and saw me in the car, everyone was excitedly calling, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" and even in my yucky state, their love and affection brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face.  Love you girls!

No comments: