Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Mom

Please be thinking today of my mom, who was recently hospitalized again for complications relating to her diabetes. She has had diabetes since 1981, and it has been getting progressively worse. This past August she was hospitalized for more than two weeks with a low blood sugar that turned into extreme weakness in her arms and legs. The doctors ran numerous tests then, and no explanation was found to explain the weakness, so after lots of rest she regained some strength and was able to return home. However, after several weeks of taking things easy, she tried to resume some activities, but during a physical therapy session last Friday her blood sugar dropped again and she had to be readmitted to the hospital. She is back at square one in terms of the weakness in her arms and legs again. Thank you for your concern and prayers for our family, for my mom's health, and especially for my dad as he is trying to help my mom, take care of things at home, and keep going to work everyday. You can send my parents a word of encouragement at jroelofs@hotmail.com Thanks so much!

No comments: