Saturday, October 17, 2009

Counting my blessings

It's a sunny, clear, crisp Saturday in October. What could be better? How about . . .

Having my mother-in-law here and seeing the girls love and enjoy her . . .

Hearing my girls sing to themselves about Jesus as they color princess pictures . . .

Wearing lovely new pearls (freshwater) that my husband sweetly gave me as a completely unnecessary, absolutely unneeded but dearly adored gift . . .

Fresh cinnamon raisin bagels for breakfast with strong, hot coffee . . .

Being able to attend the opening ceremonies of this country's National Games last night, quite the spectacle of lights, music, fireworks, acrobatics, and artistry . . .

Lovely, delicate "Dianna" roses for the center of my dining room table that only cost about $3 . . .

Christin taking a three hour nap . . .

Leftovers for supper (no cooking needed!) with a delicious spice cake to follow . . .

A quiet Saturday to reflect on His grace, read more of His word, and enjoy more of His presence.

Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious blessings indeed! Thinking of you often.
Rebecca VE

Kevin & Becky said...

Here's my thankful for the day...no more jiardia! And friends who check on you and try to convince you that foot massages are the best way to cure a rumbly tummy.