Monday, June 28, 2010

Working Hard

Intense concentration this morning. . . completely initiated by Clara Anne--so I didn't interrupt to "do school" but let them keep on working. They completed this 86 piece puzzle in about 20 minutes! Way to go! That's some hard work!
And we did get to our math and reading lessons this afternoon! We are also in the midst of a read-aloud fest; after John read the whole of the Chronicles of Narnia, the first two Little House books, and Dangerous Journey (Pilgrim's Progress for kids) in the last year or so, we started a new book last night: Heidi. I barely remember this story from my childhood so it'll be fun for me too! (Especially since John reads so I can sit back and relax!) In home school time we're currently reading The Apple and the Arrow by Mary and Conrad Buff. Great story; Clara's been on the edge of her seat!

No comments: