Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So quickly...

Well, my time here has just about wrapped up.  I'd appreciate your prayers for my safe return home to John and the girls.  In about 5 hours I'll be on the road again. The time has gone so quickly and yet SO much has happened I think we're all still reeling a bit. 
Here's a brief "thankful" list though, before I try to get some sleep tonight:
1.  I'm thankful for Jesus.  He has sustained, loved, kept and guided us.  Praise his name!

2. SO thankful for the successful outcome of the surgery.  We found out today some more details--because of where the tumor was attached, to the vena cava, it literally could have pulled free at any time.  That would have ruptured that major blood vessel, and Mom would have died almost instantly.  So thankful that not only was the tumor removed without incident but also was shown to be NO cancer!  Amazing!

3.  Thankful for a great talk with my mom and dad last night about some important future things; trusting the Lord's guidance as my dad desires to keep working but is concerned about his health and mom's care. 

4.  Thankful for US beef!  Yes!  We had pot roast tonight that I made in the crockpot and it was melt-in-your-mouth yummy. 

5.  Thankful for my wonderful husband who held down the fort at home.  He and the girls will be eagerly awaiting my arrival on Friday morning, Asia time.

6. And finally, I'm thankful for the outpouring of love and support for my parents from our extended family, our church families, our Asian brothers and sisters, and those of you who read this blog.  You have all  played a key role in supporting my parents through this tough time.  Don't stop praying!  The Lord knows what is still needed in terms of recovery.  But we are so thankful for you all.  May the Lord bless you and keep you!

And now, back to Asia I go. . .

No comments: