Thursday, July 07, 2011

Recent Quotables

On Sunday morning, a friend told me that she had asked Clara Anne if she was excited to be in America now.  Clara Anne said, "Yes, well you know, I lived in China my whole life!  Seven years!  Well, actually 6 years but I was in mommy's tummy before that.  But I am happy to be in America.  There I was a foreigner but here I'm just normal."

There's some raw truth to that statement!  Clara Anne seems to really enjoy making friends with anybody because everyone can speak English.  I think we're going to see her become more outgoing.

Tonight we were coming home from playing at the park and I was helping Chloe get her seat belt buckled.  As I reached across her, she started squeezing my upper arm again and again.  "Mommy, you're so soft," she said in an admiring voice, then added, "and wobbly!"  Ha!  There's some truth to that statement too!  Gotta get life settled down a bit so we can exercise again!  I think I have my exercise clothes but not sure where my shoes are and have no idea where the dvd got packed.  It's here somewhere!

Christin, upon waking up in the wee hours last night, screamed bloody murder.  As I ran to her bedside to ask what could possibly be wrong to make her scream like that, she said, "I want to read books!"  "No Christin, it's the middle of the night.  We cannot read books."  "I want to talk."  Nope, that's not going to happen either, Christin!  I know you have some jet lag, but it's still the middle of the night!  The funny part was, then she settled right back down and slept until 8:30 this morning.  PTL!  Everyone's sleeping much better, except John.  He's been staying up late packing and then waking up early anyway.  Hoping for a better night tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Recently, each time I sit and read your blog posts, I end up with some sort of out loud reaction. A "what!", "oh, my" or something of that nature. You have had a busy, busy last few weeks and I have been thinking of you and your family often. Thank you for sharing your experiences throughout your move and as you adjust back to life in America. I am currently smiling as I remember Clara Anne's reactions to everyone who speaks English :). Blessings, Kelly J.