Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcome Christin Arielle!

A first look at our precious new little one . . . what a miracle! Christin came out fully alert, crying and moving all around (and very cheesy!).



Moments after her birth.


The proud papa!
Here she's had her first meal; with a full tummy and her head against my heart, it looks like all is right with the world!

She's here! PTL!
I'm home (back at the hotel) from the hospital and am feeling great, and Christin is already sleeping and eating well. She's a Wind--she caught on to the eating thing right away! We're now making preparations to return home; we have train tickets to return to our city for Thursday. Stay tuned for the birth story--though we had a few dicey moments, the Lord was faithful and worked out his perfect plan in such wonderful ways. Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know it was possible to lookso beautiful right after giving birth! Congratulations!

Cindy Martin said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! She looks just like a Wind - so beautiful! I am so grateful to the Lord for such a precious gift to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to hear your birth story, but I'm cutting you a little slack since you...just gave birth! Thank you for the photos. You both look so beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Christin is beautiful!!! Congratulations again to the Wind family! What to Clara Anne and Chloe think?

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! I think (after seeing these few pictures) that she looks like Chloe!
I agree with Jennifer - you look fantastic!
And, to also agree with Sandra - I can't wait to hear the story - in keeping with tradition!! :)

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous guys! I'm so glad that things went well. Pring that all goes well on the return trip. Take it easy now. Looking forward to the details like everyone else!
Rebecca VE

Anonymous said...

Sister Mary here- you know that pretty little was born on your nephew Christophers birthday! I will let him know he shares it with his cousin. And she's a big one too! I think Chris was 8'15 oz! and I thought he was big! YOu look fabulous, I hope your trip home will be uneventful and you can get some rest! love mary

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Rachel, how on earth do you look so good after giving birth to a 10 lb baby? She was born on Chris's birthday AND she has a Chris-like name (I know you didn't plan that, but it'll still make him feel good). Good to meet her. XOXO Sarah

SingerMamaMelody said...

WOW!!!!! Congratulations on your sweet little Christin! What a dolly! I'm so excited for you guys! And I'm glad that your new love made it into this world safely. Can't wait to hear more stories. Lots of love and thoughts from MN...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What an incredible blessing! We are prying that all the transitions go well. Jay, Kristie and Noel

Monty and Germaine said...

Congratulations Wind Family!!!!! What a sweet little face. I cannot wait to meet her and hear more of the details of her birth. I am so happy to see the photos of you and John smiling and peaceful after the experience.