Tuesday, November 14, 2006

From My View


Hello everyone! Mama is a little tired tonight, so she asked me to fill everyone in on the latest goings-on in our house. So let me tell you, I had a GREAT day today. I woke up at my usual time (5:30) and had a nice warm meal with some cuddling and then went back to sleep until about 8:30. I do love to sleep late, especially after an early breakfast.

I played this morning with a few toys, especially my purple Lamaze Hippo that I love so much, and this afternoon I got some reading done that I had been meaning to get to. [See picture] I had some other really nice meals today too, and even got to watch Clara Anne have her bath tonight. Daddy wasn't home, and I howled because I didn't want to play by myself, so Mama (with a desperate look on her face) came and strapped me into the baby carrier so I could be part of the fun. Clara Anne loves to splash, though! My face got kind of wet.

Speaking of Clara Anne, she really monopolized most of Mama's attention today. Mama kept talking to Clara Anne about "pee-pee" and using something called a "potty" though I couldn't tell what all the fuss was about. Mama kept giving Clara Anne lots of things to drink, but as far as I saw, Clara Anne didn't manage to use that potty thing even once, though she sat on it for long periods of time. She even sat on it and watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie, munching popcorn as if nothing was unusual, even though her pants were down around her ankles. What a sight! But I guess that was to try to help her relax--too bad it didn't work.

I did see Clara Anne succesfully pull her pants up and down today, and there were only two times where I saw some liquid on the floor. I didn't think that it was my spit-up, so maybe it was that "pee-pee" that Mama was talking about. I don't know why it's so important to Mama to have Clara Anne use that plastic potty thing. I sure don't, and look! I'm as happy as can be. In fact, tonight just after Mama gave me a bath, rubbed me down with lotion, and dressed me in all clean, fresh clothes and a new diaper, I was sitting on her lap and filled my diaper. Wow, did it feel good to get that out before I had to go to bed for the night. I gave Mama some big smiles just after it happened, I felt so great.

So, that's about it. Not much else is going on around here. I'd better get to bed now, if I want to wake up for my early breakfast again tomorrow. Thanks for letting me sit in for Mama tonight!

No comments: