Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Good Day


Today was a good day. Nothing earth-shaking occurred. But it was a good day. I changed about 10 diapers, talked a lot with my house helper, did some grocery shopping, read about a dozen books to Clara Anne, held Chloe when she cried, sang some songs to her, gave baths to the girls, had some Asianese guests over for dinner, and did the dishes with John afterwards. A normal day.

And yet, something important did happen. I built stronger bonds with my girls. I taught Clara Anne that ladies do not pull their pants down in public. I reaffirmed to Chloe that she is loved and wanted as an important member of our family. I shared with my family the joy of music. I prayed for my house helper. I shared my testimony with our guests, and encouraged the girl to come into the kingdom. I appreciated again my willing-to-help-around-the-house husband, and thanked him for it.

A day like today reminds me of the verse which says we should not "despise the day of small things." Today was a day of small things. But sometimes it is the small things which we later discover have made a huge difference, for now and for eternity.

I hope that tomorrow will be like today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read this, I gasped, then I laughed! Oh Clara Anne... mommy is right - keep the pants on when you are out and about! We get stared enough in this part of the world! :)

HAHA! Such fun times with our toddlers!