Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thankfulness

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would share some things I am thankful for tonight...

I am thankful for my husband. We have been married 10 years next month and I am thankful for his leadership in our home, his enthusiasm for life, and his excellent Daddy skills!

I am thankful for my daughters--though they both cried hard tonight, at the same time, for no apparent reason, I am still thankful for them. They are in good health and growing well, learning new things everyday. My life is richer because of them.

I am thankful for my comfortable home. When I contemplated living overseas, I wasn't sure I could live in a remote area with unpredictable necessities like running water, and so Father has given me this home, where I can have a hot shower anytime, I can keep my food cold in a refrigerator, and I can get in a taxi and get around easily. Despite the pollution, I am thankful to live in a big city with all of its available amenities!

I am thankful for tender answers to prayer. Last year at this time I was really struggling with loneliness, and praying for a good friend. Through an amazing series of events, Father brought my friend Rachel and her family to live here. He is so faithful!

I am thankful for the ability to communicate so quickly and easily with friends and family thousands of miles away! PTL for modern technology!

I am thankful for having lost almost all of my pregnancy weight!

I am thankful for being able to have a real turkey feast on Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for Clara Anne being successful on the potty four times today!

And this afternoon, I had an extra reason to be thankful as my house helper became my sister. PTL!

No comments: